The La Jolla Cove is a small, picturesque beach located just blocks from downtown La Jolla. It is included in the San Diego La Jolla Underwater Park Ecological Reserve and thus a sanctuary for marine life.
Due to its raw beauty, the Cove, along with the Children’s Pool, are some of the most photographed beaches in all of Southern California.
Of course, in La Jolla, “children” means both human and baby seals…
There are many things to do in La Jolla. Here is a starter list of 25 items.
Recent La Jolla Cove Posts:
- So This Is What Whale Poop Looks Like Off Our Shoreline
- Flying Mako Tournament Has, Well, A Flying Mako (Video)
- Annual Migration of Leopard Sharks to La Jolla Shores Beach
- Over 40 Stingray Stings At La Jolla Shores In One Day
- Lost $25,000 Cat Plus $5,000 Reward Equals Good Outcome
- Just What Is That Green Slime In The Ocean?
- La Jolla Cove – Great View, But What Is That Smell?
- Commission Votes To Keep La Jolla Seal Rope Up Year Round
- Directions To The La Jolla Cove
- Is this picture off of San Diego: An alien? A sunfish? The mirror after a rough weekend?
- Romney Saves $109,000 Over Four Years On His La Jolla Home
- La Jolla Farms House Lists for (Just) $27.3M
- 40 Blue Whales Spotted Just Offshore
- Spain Has Annual Running Of The Bulls… La Jolla Has Running Of The Leopard Sharks
- Just How Did La Jolla Get That Name?
- It Is Shark Week On The Discovery Channel… And Apparently In San Diego As Well
- Why do you go to Black’s Beach just north of the Cove? To surf the powerful waves? For the beauty? The exercise of going up and down the steep bluffs? Beach volleyball? Umm, the clothing optional aspect?
- San Diego Named One Of Nine “Fittest” Towns of the West. Which other cities were named? How many do you think were in California?
La Jolla has many tourists visit the La Jolla Cove, the Children’s Pool and La Jolla Shores. You can buy La Jolla Clothing to blend in with the tourists.